Potato Galettes with Camembert
Everyone will love this hot duchess potato dish with creamy camembert. Individualised potato goodness. Eat on its own or serve with your favourite steak.
1kg bag Wilcox Inca Gold potatoes
Handful of fresh parsley (we love Superb Herb)
50g Parmesan cheese
125g thick bacon, cut into pieces (we used Heller’s)
1 small wheel of camembert, halved then sliced into bite sized pieces
- Peel then cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan. Set aside.
- Drain then mash the cooked potatoes. Then add beaten egg, chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese and the butter and mash to form a nice smooth purée.
- Place the potato puree into a piping bag and pipe into 6 small round nests on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place fried bacon in the nests and cover with the pieces of diced Camembert.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 ° C.
To serve, season as desired and add fresh parsley.
For more fresh recipes and food news as it comes, follow Fresh on Facebook or Instagram at FreshFastNZ, Youtube at FreshInTheKitchen & remember to subscribe to our monthly newsletter on our home page.