An authentic red curry can be made at home – easy and quick! Here is a gorgeous aromatic fish curry recipe. Serve with a nice cold beer. Perfect brew match here is Kaiser Brothers Brewery Pilsener craft beer.
4 tablespoons Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
115ml Valcom Curry Paste Red
2 tablespoons Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves
400ml coconut milk (we loves Ceres Organic)
3 medium-size potatoes, cubed then par-boiled
1 cup water
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon palm sugar
1 large carrot, cubed
700g fresh fish (we used Hoki) – cut into bite sized pieces
100g cherry tomatoes (we love Vintage Harvest Suga Babes)
1 fresh red chillli, sliced
1 cup coriander leaves (we love Superb Herb)
How to make Fish Curry:
- Stir-fry red curry paste with extra virgin avocado oil over low heat until fragrant, add kaffir lime leaves.
- Slowly add coconut milk, par-boiled potato pieces, water, fish sauce and sugar. Stir well and bring to the boil. Add carrot pieces then reduce the heat and simmer until carrot and potato pieces are cooked.
- Add fish pieces and tomatoes to the curry, stirring gently.
- Simmer for a few more minutes before adding chopped red chilli and coriander leaves. Remove from heat when the potatoes are soft.
- Serve with fresh herbs, chopped salted nuts if desired and your favourite chutney
- Even better, serve this fab kaimoana curry with a cold brew.
Exchange the fish for prawns.
Beer match: Kaiser Brothers Brewery Pilsener craft beer.