Cheesy Meal In A Mug
You will love this Love Food, Hate Waste recipe. So easy, delicious and budget-friendly. So simple the kids can help!
Cooking Time: 2 minutes Makes: 1 mug
2 slices of bread
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1/4 cup milk
Pinch salt and pepper
2 slices of ham, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons grated cheese
Basil leaves for topping
- Spread the tomato sauce on both slices of the bread then cut into 9 squares (3 x 3. So 3 slices across and 3 slices the other way).
- Break the egg into a mug, then add milk, salt and pepper and beat well with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients in alternate stage to the mug, starting with the cheese, the ham and a few squares of bread creating layers. Set aside some cheese to go on the top.
- Press the bread pieces in the mug until it is covered with the egg and milk mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. If it looks too soft microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Top with the basil leaves and serve.