Luscious Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Cake Recipe
A luscious lemon blueberry cake that will be very popular at afternoon tea time. The addition of the sour cream cuts beautifully through the zesty lemon flavours.
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs (we use Woodland Free Range)
- 1 cup Edmonds flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Water for consistency
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Grease and line a 20cm round cake ring tin.
- Beat the butter, lemon zest, sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- Sift 1 cup flour and baking powder together. Fold sifted ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing until smooth.
- Toss frozen blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and gently fold through the cake mix batter.
- Pour mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, drizzle a mixture of icing sugar, lemon juice and a little water.