Sacred Hill has teamed up with WOOP to bring you tonight’s dinner.
French Tarragon Chicken with Crispy Little Potatoes and a Citrus Rocket Salad
This dish recently featured on the WOOP Foodie menu. At WOOP we handle the prep – roasting, blending, marinating, saucing and everything in between so you can easily and quickly cook dinner. The recipe below is the full recipe for you to create this dish from scratch which takes a fair bit longer than if you had enjoyed it with WOOP, where the time-consuming elements had already been prepared.
4 chicken breasts, skinless
4 medium sized Agria potatoes, peeled
For the French Tarragon Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (if available or add a little more dried tarragon)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ cup white wine
1 cup cream
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan bake).
- Cut the potatoes into 2cm cubes. Place in a pot and just cover with cold water. Add ½ teaspoon salt and bring to the boil over a high heat. Once boiling reduce heat to medium and boil for 8 mins. Drain and allow to steam out for several mins. Spread the potatoes out on an oven tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and season with salt. Jiggle the tray to coat well. Cook in the oven for 15 – 18 mins or until crisp.
- Make the French Tarragon Sauce. Melt the butter in a small pot over a medium heat and once melted stir in the garlic and allow to cook for 30 secs. Then add the tarragon and white wine and reduce the white wine by ½ before stirring in the lemon juice and mustard. Lastly add the cream and bring up to a simmer. Simmer for 2-3 mins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken. Remove the chicken breast from its packaging and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice off the tenderloin which is the loose piece of meat on the underside of the breast. Then slice the breast in half lengthwise down the middle to create two strips. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and once hot add the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 mins on each side to colour and cook through. Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour over the French tarragon sauce. Allow to simmer for 1 minute to heat the sauce through.
- Prepare the salad. Place almonds in a small pan over a low heat and gently toast them by keeping jiggling the pan all the time to stop them burning. Place rocket in a bowl. Peel the orange and then cut into segments. Scrape any orange juice from board over the salad. Arrange in the bowl with the rocket. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over toasted almonds.
- Arrange potatoes on plates or in a side dish. Place chicken pieces in bowls and pour over French tarragon sauce. Serve rocket, orange and almond salad on the side or as a garnish on top of the chicken.
Your meal partners perfectly with Sacred Hill’s 2016 Reserve Hawkes’ Bay Chardonnay, a full bodied wine with aromas of hazel and cashew nuts, lemon meringue and vanilla.
With a soft texture, this complex wine lingers on the palate. Match with chicken or fish, like tonight’s French-inspired creation.
Find at selected wine stores and supermarkets. $ 24.99