This family pasta meal will please all mushroom lovers. Meal time emergency? Solved.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 500g dried fettuccine (we used San Remo)
- 1/3 cup Olivado olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slices
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 1 tsp salt
- 220g can Meadow Mushrooms, sliced in sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving (we love Ornelle)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cook pasta in salted water according to the directions on the package and set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the chilli flakes and mixed herbs, and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add salt and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- Add the mushrooms to the liquid and heat for a further minute.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and toss.
- Remove from the heat and add the parmesan and a squeeze of lemon. Toss well.
- Serve in bowls with extra parmesan and olive oil.