Summer is the season of entertaining, and these sticky Asian meatballs are perfect for serving canape or family style. A twist on a comfort food classic!
Serves 10 Prep Time 25 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
1 packet Hellers Pork Meatballs
1/3 cup hoisin sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
200g mashing potatoes (We love Wilcox Red Jackets) peeled and diced
Milk & butter for mashing (we use Lewis Road Creamery)
1/2 tsp sesame oil (we use Olivado)
Salt and pepper
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Garnish: sliced spring onion, toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Place the 10 pork meatballs onto a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until they’ve changed colour.
- Meanwhile, place the peeled and diced potatoes into a pot and boil until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin, soy and rice wine vinegar. Brush one layer of the sauce mixture over the par-cooked meatballs, then place back in the oven, basting with the sauce twice every few minutes. Once cooked (about 12 minutes) remove from the oven and set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, then mash with butter and milk. Gently stir in the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- To serve, place the cooked meatballs on top of the mash, a drizzle of the leftover sauce then garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve as individual canapes or on a platter.