You won’t believe how easy it is to make marshmallows at home, and these are the perfect treat to gift your friends and family this holiday season. We put our Fresh twist on this Bite recipe and we’re obsessed!
Serves 18-24 marshmallows Prep Time 10 Minutes
2 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup cold water + 3/4 cup hot water
5 tsp powdered gelatin
11/2 tbsp freeze dried raspberry powder (We love Fresh As)
1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped (We love Alison’s Pantry)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
3 tbsp freeze dried raspberries, whole
Cornflour and icing sugar to coat
- Put the sugar and the water in a bowl and use the electric mixer for about 3 minutes to mix together well.
- Dissolve the gelatine in hot water, then pour it into the sugar mixture while you are beating.
- Beat until thick and white, like egg whites, then add the vanilla and raspberry powder.
- Pour into a sponge tin then sprinkle over the pistachios, cranberries and freeze dried raspberries.
- Leave to set at room temperature, then use a warm knife to cut into squares. Lightly toss in a mix of half icing sugar half cornflour, then store in a container.
Tip: The mixture will set very quickly on a cold day, so make sure you have the flavouring ingredients ready to go before you start working. Omit cranberry powder and add peppermint instead of vanilla for after dinner treat to serve with coffee.