Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Figs
This grilled eggplant dish is great served alongside treats straight off the BBQ! Quick to prepare and sure to shine with any meal.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 eggplants
- Avocado oil with garlic (we love Olivado)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 bocconcini segments
- 4 dried figs, cut into chunks
- Fresh oregano and basil
- Barker’s Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthways. Use a knife to cut diagonal slits into the flesh, making sure to not cut right to the bottom. Drizzle with avocado oil, then bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven, then lay the tomato halves and torn bocconcini over the tops. Season and grill for a further 5-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with the figs and herbs, drizzle with dressing and serve.