Kate’s fabulous recipe for herb-roasted hasselbacks – one of the best ways to serve potatoes.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 40 Minutes
8 medium general-purpose NZ potatoes (we love Wilcox Vivaldi Gold)
6 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary (we use Superb Herbs)
8 cloves garlic
¼ cup Olivado olive oil
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated (we use Ornelle pre-grated)
Salt and pepper
More fresh thyme to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C, (200°C fan-forced).
- Prepare potatoes by carefully cutting 3-5mm thick slices along each potato. You can have a wooden spoon sitting alongside the potatoes to help stop you cutting the whole way through.
- Place potatoes on a lined baking tray, or baking dish and tuck a slice of garlic and the herbs in between each potato slit – it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Roast for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden brown (larger potatoes may need slightly longer).
- Garnish with a few extra fresh herbs. Enjoy!