Homemade Fish & Chips with Tartare Sauce
Fish and chips is a kiwi classic, and it is just as easy to make as it is to buy at the takeaway shop. Delicious crumbed fish, homemade chips and a creamy tartare sauce made from scratch; what more could you want!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes Serves: 4
500g agria potatoes (we love Wilcox)
4tbsp natural avocado oil (we love Olivado)
4 crumbed white fish fillets (we love United Fish Co Southern Blue Whiting)
1 cup mayonnaise
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp capers, finely chopped
1-2 small gherkins, finely chopped
Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky match sticks. Place in a pot of cold water, bring to the boil, and cook until just tender (around 10 minutes). Drain, and set aside.
- Pour the avocado oil onto a baking tray, and place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat. Remove from the oven, then carefully place the fries onto the tray. Lightly toss and season, then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes (turning every 10 minutes) or until golden and crispy.
- Cook the fish fillets as per packet instructions.
- To make the tartare sauce: combine the mayo, lemon zest, capers, gherkins and parsley. Season to taste and serve alongside the fish and chips.