We have created the ultimate summer salad recipe for Best Foods National BBQ Day, coming up on Sunday 4th March 2018. Introducing the ‘Grilled Peach and Chilli Cauliflower Rice Salad’ – yes, it’s a goodie! We ain’t no salad pro’s but in our opinion, this recipe is a winner. It ticks all the flavour combo boxes, with crunchy cauliflower rice as a base and an array of fresh summer veggies that not only taste good but look good as well. We toss through a yummy dressing that includes Best Foods mayo with a touch of chilli for a kick of spice. The rich grilled peaches give it a sweet moreish flavor, and the sunflower seed topping gives extra nutrients and a good crunch.
~ Jay & Sarah NZ, http://www.jayandsarah.nz/
- 1 whole cauliflower cut
- ½ purple cabbage cut
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 whole peaches cut
- 2 capsicums cut
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 4 tbs sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 tbs soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Best Foods mayo with a touch of chilli
Prep time: 20min
Cook time: 10min
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into single florets. Add to a food processor and blend until it turns into a rice-like consistency. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Cut the cabbage into thin pieces with a knife or mandolin and add it to the same bowl with the remainder of the veggies, and set aside in the fridge.
- Place a large pan on a medium heat.
- In a small bowl add the honey, soy or tamari sauce and one crushed garlic to make the marinade for the grilled peaches.
- Place the cut peaches into the marinade and coat evenly. Add some cooking oil to the pan then add in the peaches. Cook for 30secs -1 min on each side or until the peaches have a golden, chargrilled look. Don’t overcook or they will become very soft.
- Once cooked, remove peaches from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pull out the main large salad bowl of veggies and add in the last clove of crushed garlic, Best Foods mayonnaise with a touch of chilli, and apple cider vinegar, and stir to combine.
- Toss through the grilled peaches and top with the sunflower seeds for an extra crunch. Serve it up as a lunch or dinner side for a BBQ or eat it on its own for a delicious summer snack!