This recipe is perfect for the cheese lover in your life! Gooey baked brie sits in the middle of delicious puff pastry and cranberry twists. Delicious!
Serves 6 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
1/2 cup cranberry sauce (we love Barkers of Geraldine)
1tsp dried thyme (we love Mrs Rogers)
1 wheel brie (we love Food Snob)
Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lay one pastry sheet down onto a lined baking tray, and spread the cranberry sauce over the top to cover completely. Sprinkle with thyme, season, then lay the second pastry sheet on top.
- Use a bowl to trace a circle (as big as possible) and trim the pastry to form a round. Set the off cuts aside*. Next use the brie round to cut a circle from the centre and set these offcuts aside also.
- Using a knife, cut vertical lines (3cm wide), leaving 1cm of pastry from the centre uncut. Work your way around the circle until complete.
- Twist each pastry piece to create a spiral effect around the brie. Brush with egg wash, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, place the brie wheel in the centre and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is gooey to touch and the pastry is golden. Serve immediately.
- Serve with Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc. Enjoy!
We love serving this cheese appetizer with slightly chilled Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc from Wairau Valley in the beautiful Marlborough region. The perfect match to start the wonderful evening!