It’s been one year since Uber Eats was delivered to New Zealand and they’ve been pleased to offer thousands of Kiwis a new way to access more than 24,000 menu items across 20 hours of the day, delivered to hungry New Zealander’s doors.
Since launching in Auckland on 9 March 2017, Uber Eats have six times as many local restaurants on the Uber Eats app – expanding from approximately 70 at launch to more than 400 Auckland eateries on the app today – as well as adding three new cities.
Emma Foley, NZ Country Manager, Uber Eats, says: “We’re so pleased Kiwis have embraced the magic of online food delivery. Uber Eats is already popular among Kiwis as an extremely convenient and reliable way to get the food they love, delivered at Uber speed – and this is only set to grow.”
“From a smoothie bowl for breakfast to a bagel for lunch, and tacos for dinner to a late-night cheeseburger, Uber Eats gives Kiwis access to fresh, quality meals at the push of a button delivered to their home, work or anywhere in between.”
Uber Eats offers Aucklanders unrivalled choice and selection, with 35 cuisines and more than 24,000 menu items available on the app – a number that is growing daily.
Customers simply log in, find the food they’re craving, place the order and can then track progress in the app as the food is prepared and delivered in an average time of under 30 minutes.
Since launching, they’ve also expanded the Uber Eats coverage area to make eating well effortless across Auckland. Where it covered 65 square kilometres at launch, you can now get delivery to an area spanning 316 kilometres.
The benefits Uber Eats brings to Auckland’s local culinary scene are threefold – Uber Eats offers restaurants a platform to reach more customers; for residents they can get the food they love delivered at Uber speed; and for delivery partners it offers a new and flexible way to earn money.
To mark a successful first year, we’ve analysed order data to reveal what, how and when Aucklanders have been eating:
- Most popular meals at each meal time are:
- Breakfast: Hash Brown
- Lunch: Teriyaki Chicken Donburi
- Dinner: Pad Thai
- Late dinner: Kebab
- The fastest delivery was a speedy 178 seconds – a hamburger delivered from McDonald’s New Lynn.
- Largest order cost $655.99 from Gusto Italiano
- Most prolific orderer: 44 Uber Eats orders in one week
- Top meals ordered at 10 of the busiest Auckland restaurants:
- Hot Bird Salad from Boy & Bird
- King Salmon Bagel from Best Ugly Bagels
- Build your own Bowl from Poke Bar
- Pad Thai from @Bangkok
- Big Mac Combo from McDonald’s®
- Kebab from Kebab King
- Chick’n from Lord Of The Fries
- Teriyaki Chicken Donburi from &Sushi
- Butter Chicken from Chaahat Indian Cuisine
- Regular Burrito from Mad Mex
Uber Eats is now available in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch with Hamilton launching on Thursday 8 March. There are now nearly 700 restaurants on the Uber Eats app across New Zealand.