This fresh, Moroccan inspired meal is full of flavour, colour and texture. A beautiful and crisp winner chicken dinner!
Serves 3-4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
2 chicken breasts (we love Waitoa)
1 tsp + 1tsp ground cumin
1 tsp + 1 tsp ground coriander
Olive oil (we love Olivado)
4 medium carrots, peeled and grated (we love Wilcox)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp currants or sultanas (we love Alison’s Pantry)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley ( we love Superb Herbs )
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp honey
50g feta cheese (we love Food Snob)
1 cup greek yoghurt ( we love Meadow Fresh )
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, then place in a dish with 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander, seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Coat the chicken evenly in the spices. Set aside.
- Toss the carrots, red onion, sultanas and parsley in a bowl, then make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, honey, remaining cumin and coriander, and 1-2tbsp olive oil. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Pan fry the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through.
- To make the feta dressing, simply crumble the feta into the greek yoghurt, season well and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken alongside the dressed salad and drizzle over the feta dressing as desired.
This recipe is paired with Ara Single Estate Chardonnay.