Moroccan Carrot Salad with Chicken Breast and Feta Dressing
This fresh, Moroccan inspired meal is full of flavour, colour and texture. A beautiful and crisp winner chicken dinner!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Serves: 3-4
- 2 chicken breasts (we love Waitoa)
- 1 tsp + 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp ground coriander
- Olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated (we love Wilcox)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp currants or sultanas (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, then place in a dish with 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander, seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Coat the chicken evenly in the spices. Set aside.
- Toss the carrots, red onion, sultanas and parsley in a bowl, then make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, honey, remaining cumin and coriander, and 1-2tbsp olive oil. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Pan fry the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through.
- To make the feta dressing, simply crumble the feta into the greek yoghurt, season well and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken alongside the dressed salad and drizzle over the feta dressing as desired.
This recipe is paired with Ara Single Estate Chardonnay.