This free form tart is the easiest way to impress when it’s time for something sweet, and you’ll feel like a domestic goddess taking this showstopper out of the oven!
Serves 6-8 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 25 Minutes
1 roll sweet shortcrust pastry (we love Paneton)
4 peaches, stone removed and sliced
1/2 cup rapsberry compote (we love Barker’s Spreadable Fruit)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
2 tbsp honey
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Lay the pastry sheet onto a baking tray. Place the peach slices into the center of the pastry, leaving a substantial border. Dollop the raspberry spreadable fruit amongst the peaches, then sprinkle over the almond slices and drizzle with honey.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over the fruit, working your way around the tart. The pastry should overlap and have a rustic look to it with some of the fruit still revealed.
- Brush the pastry crust with egg wash, then place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the fruit has cooked.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes and serve warm with ice cream or yoghurt.