Prawn and Ginger Dumpling Soup
This recipe is packed full of Asian flavours, but is incredibly easy to create. Nothing better to warm the soul than this dumpling soup!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Serves: 2-3
- 4 cups chicken or vege stock, homemade or salt reduced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled but left whole
- 1 tbsp shao hsing wine (Chinese rice cooking wine) – optional
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 12 prawn dumplings (we love United Food Co Prawn and Ginger)
- 2 bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap/snow peas, top and tailed
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and thinly slice
- In a pot, combine the stock, ginger, shao hsing wine and dark soy. Set over a medium high heat and bring to a light boil. To the soup, add the spring onions, dumplings and bok choy, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until the dumplings have cooked through.
- Remove the ginger from the soup, then serve in bowls. Garnish with fresh spring onion and chilli if desired.