To celebrate the launch of its new gold standard aluminium espresso capsules, L’OR has teamed up with the chefs at The Sugar Club to create a breakfast recipe that will help you start your morning in the most luxurious way.
Sweetcorn and Blueberry Fritters from The Sugar Club
Serves 4 people
Wholemeal flour 145g
Salt, fine ½ teaspoon
Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
Caster Sugar 2 teaspoon
Sunflower oil 40g
Corn kernels 250g
- Sieve dry ingredients into a bowl
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil together
- Whisk dry into wet
- Fold in blueberries and corn
- Rest 30 minutes before using
- Fry in a hot pan with a mixture of butter and oil
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, cooked till starting to crisp
- 1 cup red grapes, roasted for 10 minutes or until cooked but still holding together will 100mls of verjus or white wine (can be made a few days in advance and refrigerated). Serve at room temperature
- Small scoop of maple or flavoured ice cream per serve
- ½ cup candied pecans (or any other nut) roasted or candied
Share everything equally between 4 plates to serve!
Serve with L’OR Sontuoso espresso – floral, nutty and uplifting, it’s the perfect coffee match to this beautiful dish. Available from supermarkets, RRP $8.49 for a pack of 10.