We love this sneak peek recipe from Jay and Sarah‘s cookbook Fresh and Affordable Family Food! We’ve served this delicious salmon alongside simple and tasty kumara fries and a green salad.
“Salmon is a beautiful delicate fish, it’s a great source of omega 3, and also tastes
amazing wrapped in streaky bacon. We save this recipe for a special occasion as
its such a rich and decadent way to eat the salmon” – Jay and Sarah
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 30 Minutes
1 pack Regal Salmon loin chops, skin removed
4 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
2 teaspoons of Coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
Olive oil (we love Olivado)
2 large orange kumara, cut into fries
1 tsp smoked paprika
Green salad, to serve
- To wrap the salmon: using your hands, take one salmon chop and roll/shape into a round. Wrap one rasher of bacon around and secure with toothpicks. Set on a tray.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the salmon, and rub into the fish.
- To make the kumara fries, lay the kumara on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and season well. Place in the oven and bake 20-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Preheat a pan to a medium heat, and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Place the salmon in the pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. For crispy bacon, stand the steaks on its side and rotate every 30secs. Once cooked set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
- To serve, plate the salmon alongside the kumara fries and green salad. Serve immediately.