Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups
These are a great way to start your day or a great midday snack, filled with Mediterranean flavour and texture!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 20 Minutes Serves: 6
12 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked potatoes, diced (we love Wilcox Piccolo Potatoes)
50g feta cheese
½ cup grated edam cheese
½ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half lengthways. In a non-stick muffin tray, wrap the rashers around the insides of the cups to create a bacon case for the egg mixture.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, then whisk. Add the spring onion, potato, feta, grated cheese, sundried tomatoes and parsley. Season, and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin tray cups, then place into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg mixture is cooked through (this will be indicated by the center not wobbling when shaken).
- Leave to cool slightly, the remove from the tray. Serve warm or cold.