To celebrate Chocolate Pudding Day (26th of June) we share a little treat with you and let you know our favourite Best Foods hack – adding mayo to your baking will give you mouth-wateringly delicious, one-is-never-enough baking. Once you’ve had a taste, you’ll see what we’re talking about!
As you may expect, many people are unaware that mayo is the ultimate butter substitute in baking but we are spreading the word now.
Here is the special brownie recipe.
Decadent Chocolate Brownie
Serves 15 (18 slices), Preparation: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 25 minutes
125g dark cooking chocolate
1/2 cup Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
70g walnut pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. Line a 30cmX18cm brownie tin or similar.
- Combine chocolate, butter and mayonnaise and heat gently in the microwave until melted and smooth.
- Using an electric beater, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla until foamy and pale.
- Add chocolate mixture and fold in sifted flour, cocoa and walnuts.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 20-24 minutes until just splitting on top and just set.
- Let cool then cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. Serve with yoghurt and fresh berries.