Pineapple, Banana and Coconut Cobbler
The aroma of Pineapple and Banana in the kitchen makes you feel tropical! Perfect dessert to finish off the comforting winter dinner. This is a dairy free, vegan-friendly version.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 45 Minutes Serves: 4-5
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup + ½ cup coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pottle coconut yoghurt
- 1 fresh pineapple (we love Dole)
- 1 banana (we love Dole)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- A handful shredded coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, the top and tail the pineapple and cut in quarters lengthways; discard the outer peel and the core. Cut 1 quarter into wedges and set aside. Cut the remaining pineapple into small bitesize chunks.
- In a baking dish, place coconut oil and melt in the oven. While the coconut oil is in the oven, mix ¾ cup coconut sugar, coconut yoghurt, cinnamon and flour. If your mixture is too thick, add some pineapple juice or water to loosen slightly.
- Pour the flour mixture over the hot melted coconut oil. Quickly toss the pineapple chunks with coconut sugar in a bowl, then drop into the batter with a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the sliced bananas and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked and golden.
- While the cobbler is in oven, heat a little coconut oil in a grill pan or a frying pan. Brush the pineapple wedges with maple syrup and cook until the pineapple is warmed through and golden. Set aside.
- Serve the hot cobbler with grilled pineapple wedges, sprinkles of shredded coconut and more coconut yoghurt.