This recipe is a healthy twist on a family classic, apple crumble! With added banana and berries, this will be your new favourite dessert recipe.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 35 Minutes
2 apples, sliced (we love Jazz Apples)
2 bananas, sliced (we love Dole)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tsp ground cinnamon (we love Mrs Rogers)
1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut flour (we love Avalanche)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
1/3 cup cold coconut oil or butter (we love Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
Serve with coconut yoghurt (we love The Coconut Collaborative)
Equipment: we love baking this crumble in our Le Creuset Heritage Pie Dish.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Grease an oven dish, then lay the apple slices, bananas and blueberries into the base. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and 1 Tbsp of coconut sugar, then toss to coat.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, coconut flour, almond meal, desiccated coconut and coconut oil. Blitz until the mixture reaches a crumble consistency. Stir through the sliced almonds, then sprinkle over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and the fruit is tender when tested with a knife.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then serve.