- passport and a copy of it – plus have a copy emailed to yourself
- visa documents and copies
- insurance documents – we love www.holidayrescue.co.nz – 24hr emergency assistance response; unlimited medical cover; kids free
- driver’s license
- boarding passes
- phone and phone charger
- electronic plug converter
- music player
- wallet with local money
- credit and debit cards
- laptop and laptop charger
- camera and camera charger
- small hand bag and a day pack for trekking around
- limited jewelry (insured with Holiday Rescue)
- good socks and light shoes
- medication (diarrohea meds, paracetamol, antihistamine)
- a copy of any of your prescriptions
- small first aid kit
- tampons and sanitary needs
- antibacterial hand sanitiser
- small pack of baby wipes
- flannel and face scrub
- travel toothpaste
- a small lockable case for any valuables
- mini body lotion
- mini hand cream
- microfibre travel towel
- contact lenses and contacts case plus lens solution
- hairbrush, clips and hair ties
- small pack of tissues
- glasses and case
- neck pillow
- eye mask
- books, magazines, crosswords
- iPad or Kindle
- phrase book for the country you’re visiting
- pen and notebook or diary
- playing cards (smaller games like Knucklebones, Monopoly Deal, UNO etc)
- small foldable umbrella
- sewing kit
- sealable plastic bags for toiletries or wet things
- extra plastic bags for dirty laundry
- mini binoculars
- hat, sunscreen and shades (yay, you’ve chosen somewhere warm!)
For more great travel tips and life hacks, head to www.holidayrescue.co.nz or follow us on Instagram @freshfactorynz.
More about Holiday Rescue:
Unlimited medical cover, express claims, tailored policies and free insurance for kids are just some of the perks being offered by an innovative new travel insurance company committed to providing better cover for Kiwis.
Holiday Rescue is the newest arrival on the travel insurance block, made up of a team of travel insurance specialists with more than 44 years’ combined experience in the travel insurance industry. CEO Craig Morrison says Holiday Rescue is based off a totally different model from other travel insurance providers.
“Holiday Rescue is built on the ethos of treating people like people, instead of policy numbers or problems. Our policies provide cover for what’s important only, and our commitment to our customers is not to hide behind small print. After many years seeing how other travel insurance companies work, we want to do things the right way for our customers,” he says.
“One of the biggest differences between us and other travel insurance providers is our Emergency Assistance Response. Unlike other companies, if you need urgent medical attention while overseas, we don’t give the job to the lowest bidder. Instead, we go straight to the best provider who we already have an established relationship with.
“Our aim is to resolve any claim within two business days, efficiently and with no fuss. Our packages focus on the safety and health of you and your family, putting medical cover first. At the end of the day, the health of you and your family is more important than anything else.”
Morrison says the one thing customers can be sure of is that Holiday Rescue will not try and wriggle out of claims.
“After so many years in the travel insurance industry, you see travel insurance companies hiding behind their small print and doing their best not to pay out claims. We want to be the opposite – a trusted partner who speaks in plain English and makes it very clear what you are and aren’t covered for,” he says.
“We are challenging the way the travel insurance industry works by offering something completely different, which is so exciting. We’re really looking forward to supporting Kiwis as they travel the world – after all, everyone deserves a great holiday.”