Coconut Crumbed Prawns with Dipping Sauce
This is a deliciously crunchy starter or snack, served alongside a tangy dipping sauce. Yum!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Serves: 4-6
300g shelled and deveined prawns (we love Sea Cuisine)
1 cup panko breadcrumbs (we love Mrs Rogers)
1 cup dessicated coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
½ cup plain flour
2 free range eggs, beaten (we love Woodland)
Frying oil (we love Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil)
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce (we love Kikkoman)
2 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp minced ginger (we love Lee Kum Kee)
We fried our prawns in our Le Creuset Nonstick Frying Pan.
- Lay your prawns on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine the panko and coconut. Crumb the prawns by dusting in flour, dipping in egg, then coating in the panko mix. Place onto a plate.
- Bring a generous drizzle of oil to a medium high heat in a frying pan. Once hot, pan fry the prawns until golden brown and cooked through; around 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the prawns are cooking, make the dipping sauce by stirring together the sweet chilli, soy, spring onion and ginger.
- Serve the prawns immediately alongside the dipping sauce.