July 8th is World Chocolate Day!
What’s your favourite kind of chocolate? Try googling “chocolate” – it is after all the world’s most searched for food item.
5 fun chocolate facts for your Sunday:
- Swiss people eat the most chocolate: The Swiss eat on average around 9 kilograms of chocolate a year.
- The smell of chocolate triggers relaxation: a study be Essex University shows the smell of chocolate made people more chilled out and able to pay attention.
- More than two thirds of the world’s cocoa is grown in Africa: The World Chocolate Foundation reports that 40% is from the Ivory Coast alone.
- Brussels airport is the world’s biggest chocolate seller. They sell about 800 tonnes of Belgian chocolate a year.
- Hershey’s make 70 million Kisses per day. They’re all made by chocolate robots at the Hershey’s factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA.
For more great chocolate inspo, search “chocolate” above.