These flavoursome lamb rumps are sure to impress, with a lovely fresh tomato salad and perfect roasties to top it off.
Serves 4 Prep Time 25 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 350g new potatoes, halved (we love Wilcox Piccolo)
- 3 Quality Mark lamp rumps, trimmed of any silver skin
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- 180g feta cheese (we love Food Snob)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped mint & basil
- 400g fresh tomatoes, mixed varieties, cut in halves or quarters (we love Beekist)
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
Equipment – we used our Le Creuset Non-Stick Baking Sheet and Cast Iron Skillet when making this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius fan bake. Scatter the potatoes over a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and golden in colour.
- To make the spice mix, place spices in a small bowl and mix with a dash of olive oil to form a thin paste. Rub over the lamb, cover and set aside.
- To make the salad, crumble feta into a bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Add the oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon water, onion and chopped herbs. Season well and mix gently. Gently stir through the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat barbecue grill until hot. Place the lamb rumps on the grill for 10 minutes, turning once for medium-rare lamb. Remove from the grill, cover loosely and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the roasted potatoes and tomato salad garnished with basil and balsamic.
This recipe is matched with Ara Pinot Noir.