Minchee is a sweet and salty Macanese dish using minced beef or pork and potato. It is the ultimate comfort food and a budget friendly everyday family favourite. Serve it with stir fried garlicky green beans and a fried egg for a balanced weeknight dinner.
Method 1. In a bowl combine the beef mince, salt, sake, honey and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
2. Melt the beef roasting blend in a non stick frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add potato cubes. Fry stirring occasionally until the potatoes are done – crispy outside and golden.
3. Drain the potatoes and discard excess fat (do not wash the frying pan/wok). Add 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil. Fry the beef mince. When the colour changes, add onion and continue to cook until the onion becomes transparent.
4. Add cooked potatoes, then season with soy sauce and pepper. Divide the minchee into four serving bowls. Keep warm.
5. In the same frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and add the remaining garlic. When fragrant, add the beans and stir fry until just cooked. Pour over the oyster sauce and mix through.
6. To serve, fry 4 eggs and serve on top of the Minchee and top with the green beans. Enjoy.