Vegan Burrito Breakfast Wraps
Turmeric, herbs, beans and tofu scramble served with creamy avocado slices, baby spinach, coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of sweet chilli all rolled up in fresh hot wrap. The perfect brekkie to satisfy the whole family, veggies and all!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
For the tofu scramble:
1 onion – finely diced
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 block firm tofu
1 can (400g) black beans – drained
1 tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
1 tsp tahini
A handful coriander – roughly chopped
A handful parsley roughly chopped
We used a Le Creuset 30cm shallow casserole to make the tofu scramble.
- Heat a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add the oil and sauté the onion until it’s soft and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tumeric and chilli and cook for two minutes.
- Crumble the tofu directly into the pan with your hands, so it’s broken up quite thoroughly.
- Add the canned drained black beans and drizzle over the tahini and soy sauce. Continue to fry for a further 3-5 minutes
- Finally, add the herbs.
- Heat the wraps, spread one side with natural coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of sweet chilli.
- Top with baby spinach, tofu scramble and avocado. Wrap, roll and devour!