This is an indulgent Friday night FEAST! The burger sauce featuring iceberg lettuce is a revelation and using pita bread instead of a standard burger bun means there is more filling than bread so you can go back for seconds – guilt free!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook time 1 hour
For the burger
4x Angus beef burgers (we love Hellers)
4 Cheese slices (we love Mainland)
4x Pita Breads (we love Giannis)
A handful of Cornichons – thinly sliced
2 Tomatoes – thinly sliced (we love Beekist)
1 Red onion – finely sliced
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
For the burger sauce
¼ of an iceberg lettuce – shredded finely
2 heaped tablespoons free-range mayo
1 heaped tablespoon tomato ketchup (we love Chantal Organics)
1 teaspoon sriracha
For the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl coat the potatoes with beef marrow, thyme and sea salt. Spread evenly onto baking tray and bake for roughly 45 minutes until golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl, dress the red onion in red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt – pop in the fridge to cool.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all of the burger sauce ingredients – stir to combine and pop in the fridge to keep cool.
- Slice your pita breads in half but keep them together and warm in the oven.