Pita Angus Beef Burgers
This is an indulgent Friday night FEAST! The burger sauce featuring iceberg lettuce is a revelation and using pita bread instead of a standard burger bun means there is more filling bread so you can go back for seconds – guilt free!
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Serves: 4
For the burger:
4 angus beef burgers (we love Hellers)
4 cheese slices (we love Mainland)
4 pita breads (we love Giannis)
A handful of cornichons – thinly sliced
2 tomatoes – thinly sliced (we love Beekist)
1 red onion – finely sliced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the burger sauce:
¼ of an iceberg lettuce – shredded finely
2 heaped tablespoons free-range mayo
1 heaped tablespoon tomato ketchup (we love Chantal Organics)
1 teaspoon sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl coat the potatoes with beef marrow, thyme and sea salt. Spread evenly onto baking tray and bake for roughly 45 minutes until golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl, dress the red onion in red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt – pop in the fridge to cool.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all of the burger sauce ingredients – stir to combine and pop in the fridge to keep cool.
- Slice your pita breads in half but keep them together and warm in the oven.