Simple. Tasty. Summer on a plate.
Sweeten up the festive season with this summer inspired Eton Mess to make your Christmas day simple.
Fresh As freeze dry fruit is made from the highest quality produce when it’s in season. The lovely fruit is quickly freeze drid to produce intensely flavourd products.
The Fresh As range include whole and sliced fruits, fruit powders, along with herbs and snack range.
Having some Fresh As dry fruits/powders in your pantry means you can create the beautiful fruit desserts and treats at anytime.
Available at Farro, Sabato, Selected Countdown and New World.
RRP $10.90 each
Here are a couple of Fresh As Fruit Powder recipe ideas.
Eton Mess (main picture)
For Strawberry Meringue
100g egg whites at room temperature
100g Castor sugar
1 pinch of cream of tartar
10g Fresh As strawberry powder
For Cream Chantilly
40g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
Whisk all together until soft peak forms.
Fresh As Berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry)
Fresh Berries, Edible flowers (optional)
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until a soft peak is formed.
- Add sugar gradually until just combined, then add strawberry powder and continue to whisk until thick and glossy.
- Line an oven tray with grease proof paper and then spread meringue evenly over at about a 1cm thickness.
- Place in 90 degree oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meringue is crisp. When cooled smash into smaller pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl add, whipped cream , broken meringue, fresh (if using) and freeze dried berries and fold all together.
- Place in desired bowl and serve. Edible flower garnish optional.
Fresh As Meringues
150g egg white
300g caster sugar
35g Fresh As Blackcurrant Powder
- Heat oven to 70°C. Bring a pot of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer. In a metal bowl mix the egg white and sugar together and whisk over the simmering water until light and fluffy. Whisk until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and beat with an electric beater until the mixture reaches medium peaks.
- Add Fresh As Blackcurrant Powder and beat until combined. Pipe or spoon meringue onto a tray lined with either a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Dry in the oven for 3 hours.
Variation Fresh As Blackcurrant Powder can be substituted with Fresh As Passionfruit Powder or Fresh As Raspberry Powder.