Crispy fresh lettuce cups filled with spicy asian beef mince, noodles and fresh herbs. These quick and easy little cups of heaven are perfect all year round and are sure to impress your guests!
Prep time 30 minutes
250g Lamb Mince (We love Pure South)
2 Packs Egg Noodles (we love Indomie)
1 tsp Beef marrow fat (we love Hansells)
1 tbsp Honey (we love Mother Earth)
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 tbsp ginger – minced
2 tbsp sriracha sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
2 tbsp Soy Sauce (we love Kikkoman)
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce (we love Lee K um Kee)
3 Cos Lettuce – whole leaves
A handful of Mint (we love Superb Herb)
A handful of Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
1 Spring Onion – thinly sliced
150g Toasted Peanuts – chopped (We love Alison’s Pantry)
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Place the honey, garlic, ginger, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp of soy sauce and mince in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the beef marrow in a wok or large frying pan over high heat, add the lamb mince mixture and cook, stirring and breaking apart until sticky and golden brown.
- Add the oyster sauce and cook for a further 2–3 minutes until combined. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry off the cooked noodles in the remaining fat until they are golden and crispy but still a little soft. Add the soy sauce and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide the noodles between lettuce leaves and top with the beef, fresh herbs, sriracha, spring onion and peanuts.