How can you not love a delicious piece of meat that comes with a handle? This simple, Thai inspired lamb cutlet recipe is the perfect Spring/Summer dish. Great on the BBQ on on the griddle. Served with a spicy green, herby salad – what more could you want really?
For the lamb-
For the salad-
½ red onion – thinly sliced
½ fresh chilli – seeds removed and sliced
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp brown sugar
100g green beans- trimmed, sliced and lightly blanched
100g sugar snap peas – trimmed and blanched
½ cup fresh or frozen peas – lightly blanched
1 cup mesclun salad leaves
A handful basil leaves (we love Superb Herb)
Extra lime to garnish
We used a Le Creuset Signature Square Skillet Grill to cook the lamb.
Pairing note: we love pairing this dish with Ara Pinot Noir. It works perfectly in with the lamb.
- Place the coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- For the salad dressing, place the brown sugar, lime juice, chilli and onion in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over a medium heat. Cook the lamb in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until charred and just cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the beans, peas, salad greens, basil and onion dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve the lamb with the salad and lime wedges.