Easy Mustard Caper Pecan Crumbed Lamb Recipe
The full flavour and tenderness of the quality lamb loin is protected by the sweet, spicy, tangy and crunchy mustard crumb while baked in the oven. Quick blanched broccolini and the lovely hasselback potatoes to accompany the roast.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 2 hours Serves: 4
- A piece of lamb loin roast, 600-700g, trimmed
- 1 egg (we love Woodland)
- ½ cup caperberries, stem removed (we love Delmaine)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp liquid honey (we love Airborne)
- ½ packet Coat’n’Cook (we love Diamond Original )
- Extra virgin avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- 8-12 potatoes (we love Wilcox Perlas)
- 250g broccolini
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Place each potato (one at a time) on a large metal spoon.Make several slits to the potato with a small sharp knife, leaving ½ cm at the bottom unsliced – the curve of the spoon will prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle avocado oil all over the potatoes.Sprinkle salt and pepper generously.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the oven make the mustard crumb and prepare & cook the lamb loin. in a food processor, blitz the pecans,caperberries, garlic, herbs, mustard, virgin avocado oil oil and honey together to for a rough but sticky crumb. Lastly add the breadcrumbs at blitz to combine.Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Coat the lamb with extra avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry the lamb until the surface is golden. Remove the string.
- Brush the seared lamb fillet with the beaten egg,press on the pecan crumb to coat. Place the lamb on a roasting dish. Arrange the half cooked potatoes around it. Drizzle more Avocado oil all over. Bake in the oven, 200°C for a further 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil and tea towel to keep warm and rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Quickly blanch broccolini in salted water.
- Slice lamb loin and serve with hasselback potatoes and broccolini.