Rosemary, Lemon, Honey & Macadamia Oil Cake
The rosemary is a taste sensation in this lemon and honey cake. Macadamia oil and ground almonds add a humble nutty flavour to the cake and help keep it moist yet light.
For the Cake:
4 large eggs
½ cup organic golden sugar (we love Chantal Organics)
2 lemons – 1 zested, 2 juiced
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 sprigs rosemary – finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
½ cup macadamia nut oil (we love Olivado)
1 cup ground almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
½ cup plain flour (we love Chantal Organics)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold through sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the honey glaze. In a saucepan over a medium heat bring the honey, rum and lemon juice to a gentle simmer. Give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s hot. Remove from the tin once cool and dot with some rosemary sprigs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.