Baked Avocado Boats
Summer produce are now out! 5+ A Day shares its great vegetable recipe. These colourful Avocado boats are packed full of essential vitamins and minerals alongside the good protein. Perfect served for breakfast on an active day!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Serves: 6
3 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
3 slices bacon – optional
roughly chopped ¼ cup parsley,
finely chopped Freshly chopped chives for garnish
Juice of 1 lime Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl. Using a spoon, transfer yolks to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Place bacon in the same baking dish next to the avocados.
- Season avocados with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set, and yolks are no longer runny, about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over avocados with the tomato, parsley, chives and lime juice.
- Serve with a spoon.