Colourful and tasty savory muffin recipe from the 5+ A Day kitchen.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
1 cup button mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
6 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C fan bake. Using olive oil or butter, grease muffin tray.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook until softened and the mushrooms have released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the milk, add in the mushrooms, spinach, tomato, cheese, parsley and season with pepper.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from muffin tins (the muffins should come out easily).
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and use within 4 days.