BBQ Ginger Honey Tofu Skewers
These veggie skewers are the perfect summer BBQ alternative to any fish or meat dish. The aroma from the rosemary permeates the tofu and veggies to give them a fragrant, depth of flavour. What’s even better about them is that they are pre-marinated and self saucing!
For the skewers:
2 packets marinated tofu – cut into 3cm cubes – make sure to reserve the tofu marinade for basting
1 packet swiss brown mushrooms (we love Meadows Mushrooms)
1 courgette – ribboned
1 tsp chilli flakes
8 rosemary twigs (we love Superb Herb)
Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
For the asparagus salad:
Bunch of asparagus – halved down the centre then blanched
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
4 tbsp sesame oil (we love Lee Kum See)
1 tbsp honey (we love Airborne Honey)
Black & white sesame seeds – toasted
Fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
Fresh mint (we love Superb Herb)
2 lemons – halved
- Fire up the barbecue
- Take the leaves off the majority of the rosemary stalks leaving the tips
- Thread the rosemary sticks layering courgette ribbons, marinated tofu cubes and mushrooms repeating until the sticks are full.
- Drizzle with 1/2 reserved tofu marinade, avocado oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes
- Place on the BBQ and turn every 2 minutes, basting with remaining reserved tofu marinade until skewers are golden.
- Place the halved lemons on the BBQ and grill until charred
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil and honey and dress the asparagus
- Serve the salad and skewers on a beautiful platter and top with fresh coriander, mint and a squeeze of charred lemons.
- Rustic, delicious, DEVOUR!