These veggie skewers are the perfect summer BBQ alternative to any fish or meat dish. The aroma from the rosemary permeates the tofu and veggies to give them a fragrant, depth of flavor. What’s even better about them is that they are pre marinated and self saucing!
For the skewers-
2 packets marinated tofu – cut into 3cm cubes – make sure to reserve the tofu marinade for basting (we love Ginger & Honey Bean Supreme)
1 packet Swiss Brown Mushrooms (we love Meadows Mushrooms)
1 Courgette – ribboned
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
8 Rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
Avocado Cooking Oil (we love Olivado)
For the Asparagus salad-
a bunch of asparagus – halved down the centre then blanched and refreshed
2 tbsp gluten free Soy Sauce(we love Lee Kum Kee)
4 tbsp Sesame Oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 tbsp Honey (we love Airborne Honey)
Black & White Sesame Seeds – toasted
Fresh Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
Fresh Mint (we love Superb Herb)
2x Lemons – halved
- Fire up the bbq
- Take the leaves off the majority of the rosemary stalks leaving the tips
- Thread the rosemary sticks layering courgette ribbons, marinated tofu cubes and mushrooms repeating until the sticks are full.
- Drizzle with 1/2 reserved tofu marinade, avocado oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes
- Place on the BBQ and turn every 2 minutes, basting with remaining reserved tofu marinade until skewers are golden.
- Place the halved lemons on the BBQ and grill until charred
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil and honey and dress the asparagus
- Serve the salad and skewers on a beautiful platter and top with fresh coriander, mint and a squeeze of charred lemons.
- Rustic, delicious, DEVOUR!