Tasty Waldorf Salad with an Avo Twist
Thinly sliced apples, new season baby potatoes, crispy salty bacon, walnuts, raisins and a delicious avocado dressing. The perfect summer salad!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
For the salad
- 100g Walnuts – Toasted & chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 packet streaky bacon (we love Kiwi Bacon)
- 3 apples – cored and thinly sliced
- 12 new season baby potatoes – boiled then quartered (we love Wilcox Perlas)
- A handful of Raisins (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- A handful of chives (we love Superb Herb)
For the dressing
- 2 Avocados ( we love NZ Avocado)
- Extra Virgin Avocado Oil (we love Olivado)
- 100g Cashews (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 Lemon – zest & juice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
Wine Match: Serve with a crispy bottle of Christmas Giesen Sauvignon Blanc
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes to soften. Drain.
- In a food processor, blitz the dressing ingredients until silky smooth. If it’s too thick, add some cold water for the right dressing consistency. Set aside.
- Fry off the streaky bacon until crispy & golden in a non-stick fry pan.
- Place the cooked potatoes, sliced apple, raisins, bacon and walnuts in a large mixing bowl, and gently fold through the dressing. Transfer to a beautiful serving dish and top with chives.