Perfect for this festive season barbeque parties. The beautifully flavoured giant tiger prawns are sure to be a showstopper. Use a small sharp knife to butterfly the prawns, it is a little bit fiddly, but the result is well worth it.
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
24 Giant Prawns – Shell on – butterflied (we love Sea Cuisine)
¼ cup Avocado Cooking Oil (We love Olivado)
1 fresh chilli, seeds removed and sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3cm cube sized fresh ginger, grated
Sea salt (we love Chantal Organics)
Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
A handful of coriander, leaves finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve(we love Superb Herb)
- Butterfly the prawns along the back through the head, leaving connected at the legs. Remove vein and discard.
- Combine the Avocado oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, chopped coriander and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Fill the prawns with the marinade.
- Preheat the Barbeque to hot. Place the prawns, shell-side down, and cook for 8 minutes or until just cooked (be careful not to overcook).
- Place the prawns on a platter, scatter over the extra coriander leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.