How about this fragrant Thai inspired roast chicken for your family dinner this Sunday? The sweet and nutty coconut milk infused with fragrant lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, ginger and garlic makes this chicken an absolute winner!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
1 Whole Chicken – butterflied (we love Waitoa)
Extra Virgin Avocado Oil (we love Olivado)
1 piece of Ginger – minced
1 Red Onion – thinly sliced
1 tbsp Garlic & Chilli Sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 can Coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
2 Lemongrass stalks halved (we love Superb Herb)
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves (we love Superb Herb)
2 Red Chilli – halved
A drizzle Honey (we love Airborne)
A handful of Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
Heat and Eat Brown Rice (we love Sunrice)
We cooked the chicken in a Le Creuset Round Casserole Dish
Serve with a crispy glass of Ara Sauvignon Blanc
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a large heavy based pan over a medium heat, drizzle a little avocado oil. Cook the butterflied chicken, skin side down until golden and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan drizzle a little more avocado oil, fry off the onion and ginger until translucent and golden.
- Add the garlic and chilli sauce, soy sauce, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, honey and chili. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken back into the pan. Coat the chicken in the coconut sauce.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour making sure to baste the chicken with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with jasmine rice and a crispy glass of Sav!