A delicious summer penne featuring caramelized pork sausage, crunchy broccolini, zesty lemon and fragrant thyme. This quick and easy pasta recipe has all the feels and will be sure to impress the whole family!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
1 packet Penne (we love Diamond)
Olive Oil to drizzle (we love Olivado)
1 packet Pork Sausage – skin removed (we love Hellers)
100g broccoli thinly sliced (we love The Fresh Grower)
A handful of fresh Thyme (we love Superb Herb)
2 Garlic Cloves – minced
¼ cup white wine (we love Ara Wine)
1 cup Ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
1 Lemon – zest grated and juice
A handful of Parmesan (we love Perfect Italiano)
Extra Virgin Avocado Oil with lemon Zest (we love Olivado)
Ara Sauvignon Blanc to match
We used a Le Creuset deep heavy based pan to make our pasta
- Cook the Penne as per packet instructions – reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a deep heavy based saucepan over a medium heat, fry off the sausage meat in little chunks in a drizzle of olive oil. Fry until almost golden – about 5 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced broccolini, thyme and garlic and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking until the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sausage pan. Mix. Then fold the ricotta, lemon zest & juice and pasta water through until well incorporated.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan, a drizzle of Avocado lemon Zest Oil and some extra thyme.