Christmas isn’t Christmas without a sweet and sticky glazed ham. Period. That’s is the tradition in Kiwiland! Every family has its own favourite recipe for the Xmas ham, but if you would like to try something slightly different this year, this pineapple and maple combination is sure to be a winner!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
1 Champagne Ham (we love Heller’s)
1 bottle Ham Glaze (we love Cotterill & Rouse)
20-30 whole cloves
A large handful of Rosemary sprigs (we love Superb Herb)
1 fresh pineapple, sliced with skin on ( we love Dole)
Le Creuset Dish
Wine match – Giesen xmas pinot gris
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the Champagne Ham on a flat surface. Using a small paring knife carefully remove the skin. Make sure you leave the layer of fat.
Score the fat in a diamond pattern dot the ham with cloves and Liberally brush the ham with the glaze.
- Place on a baking tray and roast the ham for 2 hours, glazing every 30 minutes.
- Grill the pineapple until charred.
- Serve ham with a bunch of fresh rosemary and grilled pineapple.
- Carve and Enjoy!