Leftover Xmas Ham & Veggie Frittata
Great recipe for the picnic at the outdoor summer music festival or a post Xmas get together. Easy and delicious, even reheated or cold. Must to do with the leftover Xmas ham!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 6
500g new potatoes, cooked and sliced (we love Wilcox Baby Perla)
3 tbsp butter, divided (we love Anchor)
1 cup thinly sliced onion
½ red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
1 ½ cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 cups of baby spinach (we love the Fresh Grower)
2 cups cooked ham pieces (we love Heller’s)
½ cup fresh parsley, torn (we love Superb Herb)
½ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Parboil the potatoes until tender. Slice into 5mm rounds. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, saute the onion, red capsicum with half of the butter separately over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms with the chopped garlic. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add a dash of avocado oil (optional). Add the sliced potatoes, ham and vegetables. Combine well.
- Add spinach leaves. Season with salt and black pepper then add parsley. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and mix milk. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Top with some more ham, cheese and basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set. Garnish with some more fresh basil and serve.