The combination of fennel, artichoke and broad beans accompanied with crab cakes, fresh shavings of parmesans and a zesty dressing is a winner.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 box Crab cakes (we love United food Co)
Cooking Oil for frying the crab cakes
4 baby fennel bulbs (we love The Fresh Grower)
A jar of Marinated Artichokes Hearts, drained (we love Delmaine)
1 cup fresh/frozen broad beans, shelled and peeled
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
Ara Marlborough Chardonnay to serve
- Deep fry the crab cakes. Drain excess oil on kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Remove the base and cut the stalk from each fennel bulb. Halve the bulbs and remove the cores. Using a sharp knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the fennel into thin slices.
- Place the fennel on a serving platter, add the artichoke hearts and peeled broad beans. Sprinkle with dill.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and the extra virgin avocado oil to make the dressing. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing all over the salad. Toss well. Arrange cooked crab cakes and top with the shaved parmesan. A chilled Ara Chardonnay matches perfectly with this sophisticated salad. Enjoy!