What is now a must-attend night out in many an Aucklander’s calendar, the New Zealand Bloodstock Karaka Million draws a stylish crowd from far & wide to Ellerslie Racecourse to celebrate, not one, but two $1,000,000 races.
Heralded as one of the best parties of summer, it truly is an example of how racing is the sport of kings with the glitterati of the international racing world descending into Auckland to rub shoulders with the who’s who of Auckland’s social scene at Ellerslie.
Think of it like a day at the polo, only bigger, louder, more glamourous and staged underneath the setting sun.
The racecourse literally buzzes from the get-go, there’s an all-new fashion competition for the best dressed and, when the last race is run, live music carries this infamous party on into the night.
The place to be for the long weekend, Auckland Racing Club has a range of hospitality options on offer for you to enjoy whilst socialising and soaking up the glamour, racing and entertainment.
Event date: 26 January 2019 (Auckland Anniversary Weekend)
Key event information:
- Tickets from ellerslie.co.nz
- Gates open at 3:00pm
- Tickets from $20pp with private areas also available for functions – contact the Auckland Racing Club for more
- Garden Party is open from 3pm and other shared hospitality areas open 3:30pm
- First race at approx. 4:45pm
- Last race approx. 7:50pm, then the on-site party continues
- Free parking & Ellerslie Racecourse is just a 600m walk from Greenlane Train Station