Best Foods National BBQ Day is returning this year this Sunday, 24 February.
Why not try this fresh & spicy chicken marinade to celebrate the great summer? This recipe has been created by Genie de Wit from Bunny Eats Design for Best Foods.
• 1 kg chicken drumsticks
• handful of chopped spring onion or coriander to serve
• 3 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
• Juice and zest of 1 lime
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon salt.
- n a 2-litre container or large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients until well combined.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken drumsticks and then add to the marinade. Toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until barbecue time (at least 1 hour).
- Remove chicken from fridge 15 minutes before cooking and pre heat your grill. Shake off excess marinade from the chicken and on medium heat for 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Transfer to a warm spot on the BBQ out of direct heat for about 10 minutes to continue cooking all the way through.
- Scatter with chopped herbs and serve with grilled corn and bean salad.