Summer Asian Burger
Feeling like some burgery goodness but sick of your classic cheese burger? This spicy, simple, Asian inspired burger is the perfect way to mix things up! It’s fresh, its light and it’s packed with texture and flavour!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
For the burger:
2 tbsp extra virgin sesame Oil (we love Olivado)
4 burger buns
1 packet miso beef and black rice burgers (we love Hellers)
4 portobello mushrooms (we love Meadows Mushrooms)
2 tbsp oyster Sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
½ cucumber – thinly sliced
Mayo & sriracha for spreading on buns
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded mini cabbage, carrot, red onion and a handful of coriander – set aside. Reserve some red onion slices and coriander.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo, Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds -set aside.
- In a griddle pan over a high heat or on the BBQ – drizzle a little sesame oil over the mushrooms and grill bottom side down. Once browned, flip them and spread a teaspoon of oyster sauce on each mushroom. Continue grilling until the mushrooms are juicy and cooked through.
- While the mushrooms are cooking on a high heat, fry off the burger patties on a high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side with a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Take the mushrooms and the patties off the heat and cover with tinfoil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Smear some mayo inside of the burger buns and grill on a low heat until warmed through and a little charred.
- Fold the dressing through the slaw.
- To assemble the burger, spread a layer of sriracha on the bottom bun.Top with slaw, burger patty, cucumber, mushroom, red onion slices and coriander then top with the top bun. Insert a skewer to keep the burger in place.