Chicken, Broccolini, Lemon & Basil Risotto
A simple one-pot baked chicken risotto delicately flavoured with lemon and basil. The green sweet stem broccoli makes this dish not only attractive but also well-balanced. Your family will love this.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:45 minutes
8 chicken thighs (we love Waitoa)
1 cup Arborio rice(we love Sunrice)
1 onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 to serve
1 cup white wine (we love Ara Sauvignon Blanc)
3 cups chicken stock (we love Simon Gault)
A packet of broccolini, blanched (we love The Fresh Grower)
A handful of fresh basil (we love Superb Herb)
Olivado Basil Infused avocado oil
Parmesan cheese, grated (we love Perfect Italiano)
We used Le Creuset signature cast iron shallow casserole to make this risotto.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large casserole, heat the oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt then saute until brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onion and garlic until translucent. Add rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid is almost evaporated, then add the chicken stock.
- Arrange the chicken back into the pan with the lemon slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered or until rice and chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange blanched broccolini and basil on top of the risotto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese,basil infused oil and some freshly squeezed lemon juice to serve. Devour!