Fragrant Brown Rice Chicken Nasi Goreng Recipe
This fragrant Indonesian chicken nasi goreng with greens and fried egg is the ultimate comfort food for spice lovers. Great for a casual weekday dinner with friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 free range chicken thighs, cut into chunks (we love Waitoa)
- A drizzle of peanut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Red chilli – thinly sliced
- 2 packets cooked brown rice (we love SunRice)
- 4 free range eggs (we love Woodland)
- 1 packet baby white pak choy, shredded (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- A handful of natural cashews (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- In a wok over a high heat, drizzle a little peanut oil and fry off chicken until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok over a high heat, drizzle the a little more peanut oil. Fry off the garlic, ginger chilli and spring onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and fry off for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the chicken back in the pan then add the baby white pak choy, cashews, soy sauce, oyster sauce and coriander.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls.
- Wipe the wok clean, add a little more peanut oil to the pan and fry the eggs until golden and crispy but still runny. Top the fried egg on rice.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander and devour!