Brown Rice Chicken Nasi Goreng
This fragrant Indonesian rice dish with chicken, greens and fried egg is the ultimate comfort food for spice lovers. Great for a casual weekday dinner with friends.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
4 free range chicken thighs, cut into chunks (we love Waitoa)
A drizzle of peanut oil (we love Olivado)
1 clove garlic,sliced
3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
red chilli – thinly sliced
2 packets cooked brown rice (We love Sun Rice)
4 free range eggs (we love Woodland)
1 packet pak choy,shredded ( we love The Fresh Grower)
A handful of fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
1 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
2 tbsp oyster sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
A handful of cashews,toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- In a wok over a high heat, drizzle a little peanut oil and fry off chicken until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok over a high heat, drizzle the a little more peanut oil. Fry off the garlic, ginger chilli and spring onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and fry off for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the chicken back in the pan then add the pak choy, cashews, soy sauce, oyster sauce and coriander.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls.
- Wipe the wok clean, add a little more peanut oil to the pan and fry the eggs until golden and crispy but still runny. Top the fried egg on rice.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander and devour!